Merino Group with its focus on building a Healthy environment has taken various initiative to conserve natural resources. We actively work towards reducing pressure on natural resources by adopting an effective pro-environment stance alongside adhering to eco-conservationist standards. We have undertaken the following environment-friendly practices at our manufacturing facilities.
- We are meeting major part of our Electrical, and Heat Energy requirement with Agro waste fired Boilers, and Steam Turbines.
- We utilize the Ash, which is of Organic origin, partly for making Ash Bricks, and partly as Organic Fertilizer mixing it with Slurry from our Bio Reactors producing Bio gas from waste of Food Processing Plant.
- We also produce more than 500 M. Tons of Vermi-compost using the waste from the Potato Processing Plant.We burn all the combustible waste in the Incinerator, and utilize the Heat to Dry Agro Waste used as Fuel.
- We encourage Plantation and development of "Green Belts" inside our premises as well as in the neighborhood.
- We have reduced water consumption from 1000 KL to 600 KL and have initiated rain water harvesting for tapping an average of 300 KL / Day , we have also taken this initiative further to villages close by.
- We care for the Air, all Electrostatic Precipitators are in place, as we are shifting our Air Handling Units (AHUs) from conventional through VAM Chillers using Waste Heat.